TRI & RUN STRENGTH WITH Former COACH MARY KELLEY - WEIGHTS & BANDS #7
-- 2 Medium Weights - 8-12 lbs each (or kettlebells, or water bottles)
-- Mini Band (Medium)
-- Box, Chair, Couch or Bench
After a 5-10 minute warm-up with cardio and/or mobility, complete 10-12 reps of each exercise. Repeat one or twice more for a total of 2-3 sets.
Follow along in real-time for set #1 with explanations, or skip ahead to 8:00 to see quick clips of each exercise.
1. Back Lunge with Overhead Hold (focus on 1 side for 10 reps, then switch)
2. Bird Dog with Band & Light Weight (or water bottle) (focus on 1 side for 10 reps, then switch)
3. Chest Press with Hip Bridge (1-Leg option)
4. Bent Row & Fly
5. Hip Press with optional Weights
6. Oblique Heel Taps (optional band)
Repeat 1-2 more times for a complete session!
You can find more strength training and mobility videos on Coach Mary Kelley’s YouTube channel.
This post was written by former Coach, Mary Kelley.